Hot Mix Fridays (August 22nd, 2014) - A Nice Slice of The 90s...Vol 8


The thing about these 90s mixes is this- for every one song I remember to include, or think about including, there is at least a dozen or more that I don't have room for, or have completely forgotten about. With that being said, I tried to go above and beyond with this week's installment, because as I have been hinting at, these Hot Mix Fridays are winding down.

Because I am, like, the only person who still burns CDs to play in the car, I've made a point to try to keep these under 80 minutes. But as it turns out, most people who may be downloading these probably don't listen to them on a CD at all. They probably put them on their mp3 player or whatever, and don't care about the running time. So since that is the case, this mix, seeing as how it is the final 90s mix for a while here, is over two hours of music for your listening enjoyment. 

Revisiting an entire decade of pop music was an interesting experiment for the summer. It reminded me of some great songs that I've always loved, reintroduced me to things I didn't care for at the time, but can appreciate now, and it allowed me to discover some "lost classics," if you will.

Without further ado, please enjoy this week's slice of the 90s. All two hours of it.

A Nice Slice of The 90s...Vol 8 (mediafire link since the file is so big.)


1. The Impression That I Get by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
2. Meet Virginia by Train
3. Barely Breathing by Duncan Sheik
4. Self Esteem by The Offspring
5. All About The Benjamins (Rock Remix) by Puff Daddy and The Family
6. Sabotage by Beastie Boys
7. Jump by Kris Kross
8. Fantastic Voyage by Coolio
9. Twisted by Keith Sweat
10. They Don't Care About Us by Michael Jackson
11. Keep Ya Head Up by Tupac
12. Ruby Soho by Rancid
13. Everlong by Foo Fighters
14. Gettin' Jiggy With It by Will Smith
15. Feed The Tree by Belly
16. My Friends by Red Hot Chili Peppers

17. One Headlight by The Wallflowers
18. Jump Around by House of Pain
19. Rebirth of The Slick by Digable Planets
20. Into Your Arms by The Lemonheads
21. Girlfriend by Matthew Sweet
22. Kiss From A Rose by Seal
23. I Want it That Way by Backstreet Boys
24. I Want You by Savage Garden
25. Call and Answer by Barenaked Ladies
26. Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer
27. Summer Girls by LFO
28. Say it Ain't So by Weezer
29. Last Goodbye by Jeff Buckley
30. Stars by Hum
31. Problems and Bigger Ones by Harvey Dangers
32. A Long December by Counting Crows

Comments