An Honor Just to Be Nominated

Last Friday, I received quite a surprise.

Let me back up a little here...

If you read more than just the album reviews or whatever that I post here, you are aware that once a month, for the last nine or ten months, I've been writing a humor column for the Southern Minnesota Scene; a free publication that is printed in Northfield, but covers a much larger area than that.

Anyway, after I lost my job back in May, my editor asked me if I would be interested in taking on an "internship" handling the Scene's social media, because he is too busy to do it himself, but he understands how important it is to an entity like this magazine. Since I love social media, and had, you know, not a fuck ton else going on at that time, I was like, "Yeah sure I can do that." And aside from promoting the columns and articles, and photoshopping the month's issue into famous people's hands, one of the major things I was tasked with doing was the promotion of the Best of Southern Minnesota 2014.

The nomination process for this started earlier in the summer, where people were asked to nominate their favorite things in the area. The list is pretty expansive, and I guess they received 230 separate people/things getting nominated this year, which is triple what they had last year.

And one of those people was me, I guess.

Not really sure how this happened, but this humble blog received five nominations for "Best Local Blog/Blogger." And I know what you are thinking- No I did not nominate myself. I didn't even think to do that. So I guess there are five people out there in the world who thought that would be a neat idea.

Anyway, my competition in the category has started to campaign pretty hard so far. I guess I'm not taking this too seriously because part of me feels like this is all a gigantic conflict of interest-- with the fact that I am a freelancer for the magazine itself, AND with the fact that I do their social media. But anyway, if you read this blog on the reg, and don't know me personally or whatever, and have a few moments to spare, please cast your vote, and maybe I'll win.

You do have to register with the site to vote and I'm sure they sell your info to some shady third parties (just kidding) but I just wanted to give you a heads up on that. By clicking here, you'll go right to where my category is.

Thanks.

Comments