Hot Mix Fridays (August 15th, 2014) - #2014


Ayo, first and foremost, I gotta apologize upfront about how the cover art this week isn't exactly set to a cassette tape J-Card's dimensions. I got a little ahead of myself on the layout, and didn't think to resize the original image of that girl from Pussy Riot before starting my Photoshop magic.

Anyway, Hot Mix Fridays are really starting to wind down around here, since this was really just a project to keep me occupied for the summer. And summer is almost over, so the final mix of the summer will go up on the 29th. That doesn't mean that I will never make another hot mix, or whatever, because I know y'all have come to rely on these. It just means I can't keep churning them out every week.

In a change of pace from the 90s, and from the year 2000, and 2.5 hours of music I played at a wedding reception, today's mix is the "best" of 2014. I say "best" in quotes since this doesn't include any ambient or experimental music, because as much as I LOVE stuff like that, I know it may kill the vibe or whatever if you are trying to jam out to these mixes. So this is just, like, 12.5 (yes, half a song) pop songs from this year that I have genuinely enjoyed. And I hope you enjoy them too.


1. Gimme Something Good by Ryan Adams
2. Before by Wye Oak
3. Physical Emotions by Black Bananas
4. Love Never Felt So Good by Michael Jackson
5. Roller Coaster by Toni Braxton and Babyface
6. Alone by Chippy Nonstop
7. Here Tonight by Doss
8. What You Wanted by How to Dress Well
9. Heavenly Father by Issiah Rashad
9 1/2. Sanctified by Rick Ross, featuring Kanye West and Big Sean (but only 'Ye's verse)
10. Come Crashing by Failure
11. Luke Song by Vehicle Blues
12. Runaway by Self

Comments