Hot Mix Fridays (July 4th, 2014) - A Nice Slice of The 90's Pie, Vol 4


Full disclosure- today is my birthday. And today I am 31, just like this really uplifting Aimee Mann song. But unlike last year, where I spent the day listening to and writing a long, scathing review of Jay Z's Magna Carta Holy Grail, and starting work on this great thinkpiece I wrote about being 30...today I am giving back TO YOU. THE READER.

Continuing the grand tradition of the last three weeks here, today is no exception. For your listening pleasure, here is the 4th installment of my incredible 90's inspired hottttttt mixes. Also, I feel like it is worth noting that the incredibly brilliant transition between "Semi-Charmed Life" and "It's No Good" actually dates back to the summer of 1997. I made a 2 hour mix of popular songs of the era to listen to, and I put those songs back to back (exactly like they are here) and the segue has always stuck with me. I hope that you find it to be as amazing as I did 17 years ago...


1. All For You by Sister Hazel
2. Naked Eye by Luscious Jackson
3. Tom's Diner (DNA Remix) by Suzanne Vega
4. Shoop by Salt N Peppa
5. Here Comes The Hotstepper by Ini Kamoze
6. I Swear by All-4-One
7. The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get by Morrissey
8. 33 by Smashing Pumpkins
9. Insane in The Brain by Cypress Hill
10. Back For Good by Take That
11. Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind
12. It's No Good by Depeche Mode
13. Ready or Not by The Fugees
14. Glycerine by Bush
15. Cathedrals by Jump Little Children
16. All My Life by KCI and JoJo
17. End of The Road by Boyz II Men

Comments