The Bearded Life: We're Talkin' Baseball


One of the things that is great about my monthly humor column for the Southern Minnesota Scene (aside from the fact that they throw money at me for each essay) is that every issue presents a new challenge for me. For the most part, I have no issues writing about music. Sometimes I struggle with figuring out where to start with an album review, and I try to watch my repetition of certain phrases, but overall, I've been able to keep this up for a year and a half, and I feel okay about it. 

But I don't write about music every month for The Scene. Since I'm such a team player, my pieces each month try to tie into the theme of each issue. Sometimes it's easy to find a starting point. Other times, it's a bit of a challenge. I've been doing this since November of 2013, so I've been falling into a rhythm not with them, but when I see what subject I am supposed to tackle, I am still like, "Well shit. How do I write about this?"

Since it is summer, and people like sports, the theme of July's issue is Baseball. And since i hate sports (specifically baseball) it was a real blast to write about it. 


Comments