2015 - Another Dumb Year, Halfway Over


Well first and foremost, 2015, as a year, can go ahead and run backwards through a field of dicks.

Anyway....

The first six months of another wretched year have passed us by, and due to numerous reasons, including the demands of my job now as an intrepid reporter, I have a lot less time (and a lot less interest) in listening to music with the intent of writing a review (pithy or otherwise) for this blog.

With that being said, I figured that if I tried really hard, I could come up with roughly an hour's worth of material from the last six months that I actually liked. And you know what? I did it.

It seems worth noting that while I heavily panned the Father John Misty record, I really do identify closely (too closely) with the sentiment behind "Bored in The USA," which is why it's on here. Also, that Jodeci song is hot fire, even though I couldn't make it through the whole album. 

So here's a little hot mix of some tunes that I have enjoyed in another dumb year, 2015:


1. Stonemilker by Bjork
2. Excuse Me by A$AP Rocky
3. Being in Love by Glen Hansard
4. All Day by Kanye West
5. Grief by Earl Sweatshirt
6. There's No One Crying Over Me Either by American Wrestlers
7. Every Moment by Jodeci
8. Bored in The USA by Father John Misty
9. Pontchartrain Eyes by Jetta in The Ghost Tree
10. Only One by Kanye West with Paul McCartney
11. To Show You Violence by Sister Crayon

Comments