Hey, I've Been Falling Apart These Days - The First Mixtape of 2020


It is usually well into March or April before I am able to assemble some kind of commemorative mix for the first part of the year. A '2020 part one' playlist has been sitting on my computer since January, and I was surprised by how quickly this came together once I started giving it a little more thought. Yes, there are a few repeat artists, but between those, as well as a handful of impressive, new tunes that arrived just this week, I'm pleased with how this one fell into place. A lot of it wound up being really sad, but that's both what I spend a bulk of my time listening to, and really, that is just where I am at right now.

And I made two concessions with release dates, but I think I'm the only person who would notice, or even care.

I've Been Falling Apart These Days - An Anhedonic Headphones Mixtape (right click, save as, etc.)

Need Your Love/Tennis
The Brothers Williams Said/The Innocence Mission
Lose You to Love Me/Selena Gomez
In A Stranger's Arms/Léon
Everything I Wanted/Billie Eilish
Never Tear Us Apart/The National
Red Shoulder/Squirrel Flower
Circle The Drain/Soccer Mommy
Garden Song/Phoebe Bridgers
Crowded Room/Selena Gomez (featuring 6lack)
Weight of That Weekend/Land of Talk
Headlights/Squirrel Flower
About Today/Bartees Strange


Comments