The Bearded Life - Memories Made in The Coldest Winter


I've been writing for the Southern Minnesota Scene magazine since the tail end of 2013. So one of the first pieces I wrote was about winter; something I wrote about, yet again, at the beginning of this year. 

Because we have 'themes' or ideas that try to tie all the stories and articles together, the January 2016 issue is yet another 'winter' related issue. And it would seem when I sat down to write, I had grown weary of writing the traditional kind of column I had churned out in years before.

Originally, my column was supposed to be funny. If you've followed it over the course of the last two years and change, you will have found that isn't always the case. And so I am thankful that my editor has just kind of rolled with it, and has never really questioned whatever I've turned in.

For the January issue, I decided it was time to get real. How real? Well, if I can quote Tupac, and I will, I would say that this is the realest shit I ever wrote. 

Comments