The Bearded Life: "Halcyon Days/Blockbuster Nights"


The movies issue of the Southern Minnesota Scene is always a tough one for me, mostly because I don't watch a lot of movies anymore. I did in high school, and I did when my wife and I first moved in together. But, there's no movie theater in our town (there hasn't been since 2008) and the nearest one is 20 minutes away, which is a huge investment for something that may suck.

Also, as you'll find from reading my column from the March issue, there are no video stores here either, meaning you either stick with Netflix, something from the library, something from Redbox, or you do without. And more often than not, I can do without.

But I had fun strolling down memory lane for this one, revisiting when I was 16 and 17, and would load up on video rentals.

Comments