Bearded Gentlemen and Anhedonic Headphones present: The Hold Steady- Teeth Dreams


In an ongoing collaboration between myself and the Salt Lake City based music site, Bearded Gentlemen, I have once again been #blessed with the opportunity to write a review for BGM. This time, it was for the sixth album from Brooklyn-based "rock" group, The Hold Steady.


BGM posted this review yesterday, and because they "@" the band in question on Twitter, I got a lot of flack for my review. Mostly because my opinion is always wrong whenever I write a bad review of something. Gosh you guys I wish I could like every record I listen to. It would make writing pieces for this blog as well as for other sites, just so much easier.

I also got received quite a bit of criticism from some internet fuck boy named John, in the comment section on the BGM post. He's apparently a subject matter expert at writing in general, and felt the need to tell me how bad I am at it. I'm glad he could take time out of his busy day of living in his parent's basement, compulsively masturbating, and commenting on IMDB messages boards, to let me know that I'm a moron.

It's people like this that make the Internet the bad neighborhood that it will always be. No matter how hard we try to gentrify it, and build nice apartments with a CVS or a Whole Foods on the bottom level, there is always going to be this kind of awful element. Because of the anonymous aspect of it, the things you'd never say face to face to another person are, to some extent, acceptable when it's just words on a page.

Look, I get that music is subjective. I'm sorry that I'm not sorry that I didn't like the album released by your favorite band. Just get over it though. A week from now you'll forget you own this record, or that you even illegally downloaded it. That's how short and horrible everyone's attention span is now.  

Whatever. Deal with it. Rock 'n Roll.


Comments